Sunday, May 14, 2006

Music at Twilight

A trip to the mall is one of the most pleasurable time-passing, especially when you are at ‘JavaGreen’ with two of your friends singing away their favorite pieces. It was one such day on May 13th. I had gone to the mall on pursuit of that jade green dress, with turquoise frills which had caught my eye for quite some time. I was thinking of how lovely a gift it would be to someone on their seventeenth birthday. The shopkeeper had promised to hold one for me the very morning. As is habitual with him, once more I was deceived; the dress had yet again proved its worth by evading my grasps. Dismayed and crestfallen, I went to the café spot, bought myself a delectable piece of chocolate cake and found an empty stool near the pair of musical ‘artistes’. I received a wide grin from Arun who was on the guitar, and a breath of positive reception from Priya, who with her euphonious voice sang out eternal pieces of English and Hindi songs. Soon I was joined by other friends, who gaily entered the place, got themselves some drinks and joined in the merriment. The evening turned out to be quite splendid and impressive. Some college guys started to sing along, and with oodles of requests coming in from the enthusiastic listeners, Arun and Priya continued mellifluously without a break. Some ludicrous people even went to the extent of getting lyrics for the duo to listen to their favorite songs; well, they’re not to be blamed, because one can rarely find such a harmonious voice and cadence these days. Of course, the artistes were in for the money, but still the evening proved to be one hell of a memorable musical experience for all.

6 comments:

priya said...

its beautiful! i dunno wat else to say...

Suze said...

wow! sounds like a star studded chilly night with warm cocoa and a fire

Barath said...

pr!ya, ur always at a loss 4 words...

n suze, it was at "Java Green"!! inside spencers....not soo quixotic!

Anonymous said...

Ludicrous you thought, I guessed it from your face. Welcome to the world of late twenties, you never know what takes them on.

Barath said...

hahaha, guess ur rite! balaji!!

priya said...

:D why thnx vichu...