Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Maiden of the Seas

P.B. Shelly style. My first attempt in archeic English and romantism!


I

O maiden of the seas, Listen to my hearts behold
Thou mayst spend time with happiness and peace
As thy friendship with King Terrous the Bold

Even thou shall not linger with the handsome prince
Who didst thou fell in love, eftoons when thy eyes met
Sly, wily creature was he, yet thou love ne’er shall cease

Man of wisdom, not he, yet the marriage set
Brings doubt and happiness to you, my lady
O thou, forgive my presence in thy crest

Meaningful my words maybe to thy sacred - Pray
To the Lord, watchful, eternally watchful
Gratify thou precincts with my kingdom, O lady

The sisters of the seas have borne contently thy fateful
Life with me, forget thy fatuous prince, O graceful

II

O maiden of the seas, visit my dreams often and bestow
Thou blessings to conquer for thee and conquer, I shall
The empire of creation, destruction, and shadow

Come beneath the ocean to my humble abode; dwell
Thy mind on the seven voyages of Sinbad the Sailor
And say not but a word and he’ll be at your will.

Elate my heart with thy comely presence, my dear,
And I will give all thy heart’s desire,
Merely a touch beneath all, clear your fear

Thou maketh my life complete, your ire
Shall not be muddled against your ease
The flame is lit and thou can deem the fire

O impeccable princess, without you I shall cease
To exist, O help me, maiden of the seas!


-B'rath


So whtdya think..?..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice poemm!

Barath said...

@diya
thnxx

soumya said...

AMAZIN!!!!...