Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Meer & Naeem in : My Girl... My Dusty Trophy?

MEER: so why have you called me to the beach on this sultry day?
NAEEM: I was just looking at the ocean. Breathtaking isn’t it. I have come here so many times, but haven’t taken the time to actually look and feel its power. That’s a huge amount of water right there.
MEER: Indeed, come to the point my friend.
NAEEM: I need to ask a small favor of you.
MEER: Oh I should’ve known,
NAEEM: Thinking of the future is fun, but it won’t take us anywhere.
MEER: What are you coming too?
NAEEM: You know what the funny thing is...
MEER: What?
NAEEM: Well, I find it amusing that when I ask Melissa out tomorrow, if she does by any chance say yes, I would like change my mind the next moment. So why am I asking her out in the first place?
MEER: I know! You’re just screwed. Ha! Then you’re just chasing an idea that you already rejected or you’re just some one who always wants what he can’t have! And the funny thing about those people is that once they actually get it they don’t really want it anymore.
NAEEM: Maybe a sense of achievement, something like that?
MEER: Ya maybe Melissa is like a trophy and you just really want that trophy, hold it once and then it’d probably gather dusts in the shelves… so you’d rather not keep it.
NAEEM: It’d just be there reminding you of happy memories.
MEER: So it wouldn’t matter, you just want to lift it once… that’s about it.
NAEEM: Probably.
MEER: Unless you actually want to cherish it… then you want to keep it… that’s a whole different story… that’s relationship. The point here is Melissa won’t go with you, even if you do ask, so don’t bother! (Laughs)
NAEEM: (smiles) that’s where you can help me. Melissa is your close friend isn’t she?
How about being a sport… and try to get me the satisfaction of holding the trophy for a second?
MEER: Come again?!
NAEEM: You know what I mean! Make her say yes tomorrow!
MEER: Are you asking me to convince another person to go out with you just for like a moment?

NAEEM: Hey, let me just polish it… it’d shine more!
MEER: Oh my God! I don’t know what I’m getting into. You’re going to owe me. A lot.
NAEEM: Sure, sure…………


Thanks to Dhananjai for the ideas and Hrushita for the names... ...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

shining trophy i see....

Vishesh said...

oh!well well man..it was great,why don't you guys add more and act it ??the ppl are thirsty!!!

Fantasized emotions appearing real said...

more of it.. what happens next!! does she say yes??

hrushita said...

hehey i like the end..nice i could unleash my imagination on tht end for sure and welcome boy!

Dhananjai or dhanu said...

ideas ;)
ahh how late nite my mind works :P

priya said...

:)

Jayasindhya said...

memories!! :)

Prufrockster said...

Very nice writing. Keep posting :)

The Visitor said...

LOL - that was a nice piece of writing and imagination.

The Visitor said...

Hi Barath - have a look at this post-
Surrounded by dreaming hearts, and browse through other posts on that blog, you'd get different perspectives of life

Sunita said...

You remind me of a very similar incident long long back. Good writing