Thursday, January 4, 2007

2007! Off To A Grand Start

Right! Here we are! Well, this afternoon, Hrushita (quite a jumpy carefree girl of my school) was like “Barath! Why does your blog have to be all serious and stuff?” … and I was at first surprised. “You know you should just basically blabber… people like to read blabber!”. Initially confounded, I did agree in the end… people did like to blabber! So give me a break here, as I blabber to you my new year adventure. Pardon any deviation from the blabberation grammer, I do it best on my exams though!

So 2007 is finally here!...and I’m like “Whoohoo… another goddamn year!”, as if any year is gonna make a big difference. Apparently this one is!… the “Board” exams as they call it, makes every 12th grade student wince and cringe. Two more months left to go… and I’m like blank? (well it sure feels like it!)… Oh! And more unfortunate, I’m leaving school!! …so I thought what’s the use of celebration anyway!....

Finally, I guess I did celebrate!>.. in quite a different manner this year.. I went to JavaGreen, a simple café with more than just coffee. About six months back, I’d written a post on my friends Priya and Arun who made their first steps to stardom as they sang and played modest songs. Well this time they were back and better with a whole new avatar… their band Dhwani! with guest appearance drummer Paul!


They had quite fun in carnatic fusion, and had the audience in rapture as they caressed them in melody. Priya, as usual, wonderful singer… (hey! she love's to do it, so she does it good), sang beautiful pieces of english and hindi. I had gone there with Bhargavi, another 'singing sensation', and she and Priya had the crowd clapping their lungs out. Arun, once again totally sexy on the guitar… had learnt quite a few new tricks with the strings! Whoa baby! And so was Paul … the beats got you pumpin!! Some guys from the audience, so damn enthusiastic… sang along, and this one guy, Benny… you gotta listen to him to believe it!
Yea, four hours go by just like that, as you just can’t stop listening to them. So yea I would totally consider this one of the best new year celebrations I’ve had so far in my life!
And well, one thing’s for sure the “Boards” needn’t stop you from having fun with your friends or doing anything you love to do … even if it is just for the heck of it!

2007.. another goddamn year … I think not!!
Happy New Year Y’all !



Carnatic Fusion:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

atlast!that was a refreshing new post after those dry posts for extremely abnormal minds...way to go!n im kinda regretting the decision i took the other day!bad adi!bad adi!no candy for u!

Barath said...

@'bad' adi
yup u sureeee did miss it!
:)

Tariq Rauf said...

niiice post boyo!

ps: priya, too mach! lowely i say.. amazing video.. the lighting .. setting.. blah blah.. you look 10 years older ! :|

but heck, beaaaootiful singin!

hrushita said...

yey!!..love u boy....nice post..;)

Vishesh said...

ha ha ha good 1 never new u new how to blabber....something which has none of ur incradabalalallle long words which takes a dictonary to even pronounce..
anyway gud blabbering...
but i prefer the serious u..dont ask y..

Barath said...

@tariq,
thankee

10 yrs older?! must be the lighting naa..lol


@hrush
Yey!... hrushita u wer rite!
blabberin IS gud!

@vishesh
serious me?...blabber! ;)

Anonymous said...

N I MUST SAY DAT DA VIDEO WAS NEAT!

Unknown said...

gud one....brat.....u hav blabber well as u do alwayz....:)...

i prefr dis kinda post rathr than ya usual formal....nd serious stuff...

priya said...

:) nice post..